So this is Austin. He’s a finish carpenter from Cincinnati who shares his jobs, tips, and tools with the rest of us on Instagram under the name @Tools_At_Work. Austin also just started his own Youtube channel found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWIDqKOqaft2Uhpm_w_S7og
We invited Austin into the Coptool Studio to talk about his company, his jobs, his tools, and his channels.
Don’t forget to watch the Coptool Week In Review this Friday at 5pm!
Custom furniture maker and Marquetry expert, Dave Heller, shares his fine furniture and his story of getting into woodworking. See photos of Dave’s workshop and furniture here: https://woodandshop.com/dave-heller-fine-furniture-maker-marquetarian
♣ Woodworker’s Hand Tool Buying Guides: https://woodandshop.com/which-hand-tools-do-you-need-for-traditional-woodworking/
♣ Subscribe to get my Videos & Articles in your email inbox for free: https://woodandshop.com/subscribe
♣ Watch Dozens of Woodworking Workshop Tours: https://woodandshop.com/traditional-woodworking-index/
♣ See our Traditional Woodworking School: https://woodandshop.com/school
♣ Join our free Hand Tool woodworking Forum: https://woodandshop.com/forum/
♣ Our Traditional Woodworker’s Store: https://store.woodandshop.com/
This is a confusing topic for Makers – how to price your work. Learn about pricing with practical examples and clear instructions so you can make profitable decisions. Topics covered in this episode include:
– ways to price work
– how to estimate time
– what to charge for an hourly rate
– what to charge for material
– how to validate your pricing
Scott has a business degree and has run his part-time woodworking business since 1999. He shares his experience and knowledge to help other Makers price their work.
If you would like to see more insights into the business side of being a maker, please post your comments on the video.
For more woodworking knowledge or to contact us directly, visit our website http://HomeImprovementWoodworking.com
Hosted by Scott Bennett, owner of Wooden It Be Nice – Custom Woodworking in Brooklin, Ontario
2019 Shop Tour / Meet the Maker ( Built by Chris ) is a new thing I’m doing to present some cool Makers as well as including a Shop Tour in with the interview.
Chris is a Melbourne based Woodworker who occupies a 2 car garage as his Workshop and its really well organised. Chris is a Woodworker whom has many excellent projects under his belt and is always exploring new avenues in diversifying his skills.
This type of content is what I am proud to highlight to the viewer the talented people that are in our community and you will get the opportunity to meet them.
I hope that you enjoy the video, cheers Sumo.
Wood Workers and Furniture makers need a place like this! Today we are going on a tour of a local hardwood supply store. I had to go pick up some 1″ thick plywood that is difficult to find at a normal home store. Owl hardwood Lumber is one of the best specialty shop for exotic woods and cabinet materials. This place is awesome for building all sorts of Tiny House Project and we love stopping by here as much as we can. They even have their own counter top shop where they can custom make a butcher block counter out of any material you could think of. This place is also a great place to find material for a custom wood desk or for a custom bar top.
A review by Nick Gibbs editor of British Woodworking magazine on a DVD documentary by Jeremy Broun called Alan Peters – the Makers’ Maker’. First uploaded in 2010 this version replaces the original with new background music and an e-book update. Mentioned in the review are people who speak in the DVD documentary including John Makepeace, Gary Olson, Robert Ingham, Toby Winteringham, David Savage and Johnny Hawkes, Video Rating: / 5
Original post on our site with additional information, details & comments: http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/videos/are-you-a-maker-or-a-woodworker/
Welcome to the first in a new series of live shows called TWW Live! The latest news, reviews, and your projects and questions.
– Last Month’s Winners: Janet B. (Festool CT36 Vac and ETS150 Sander) and Brian R. (3M Safety Bundle)
– This Month’s Giveaway, Enter Now: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D4NPPO6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00D4NPPO6&linkCode=as2&tag=thewoodwhispe-20&linkId=YPCBBL22PNEOU6WD
Arbortech Mini Grinder: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00455R1HG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00455R1HG&linkCode=as2&tag=thewoodwhispe-20&linkId=2KKANKIQXQU5XGTO
Fuji Mini-Mite3 Turbine HVLP: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D4NPPO6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00D4NPPO6&linkCode=as2&tag=thewoodwhispe-20&linkId=YPCBBL22PNEOU6WD
– The Great Bessey/Lowes Feeding Frenzy of 2014: Ryan Royal gets the “no-prize.” He picked up 32 worth of clamps for just 0!
– Anna’s Hope Chest by Steve Boudreau: http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/viewer-projects/annas-hope-chest
– Submit Your Project: http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/contact/submit-your-project
– Chuck Hampton wonders if we need another video series that shows projects and answers questions.
– Chris is trying to decide if he’s a Maker or a Woodworker, after reading this Nerdist article: http://www.nerdist.com/2014/06/mythbusters-adam-savage-has-made-it-cool-to-be-creative-again
– Ashley has some insightful thoughts about what makes a Maker a Maker.
In Case you Missed It
– Bill Doran – Leatherman Pouch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbJHpnEeekU
– Adam Savage – Why We Make: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_otrgJ8Lmx4
– Check out the new SENCO FinishPro 21LXP 21 gauge brad nailer: http://www.senco.com/ToolDetails.aspx?c=1&k=8M0001N
– Woodworks Season V: http://www.djmarks.com/product-category/seasons
In the Shop
– A beautiful jewelry box collaboration project with Gary Rogowski.
– Bending forms for the Morris Chair.
– WatchingDragon – “How do you cut wood for a wooden tankard with only hand tools?”
– Jonathan – “When burning wood scraps, are there any types that are dangerous?”
– Eric – “Suggestions for a good cheap readily-available wood for a beginning woodworker?
– Matt – “Have you ever had the problem that you spend the majority of time building things for the shop?”
– JC – “Any suggestions for finishes for children’s toys?”
Tune in to the next show on Wednesday, July 2nd at 1pm Eastern!
The Wood Whisperer is education and entertainment for the modern woodworker! Find more at http://thewoodwhisperer.com & don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thewoodwhisperer
Connect with us!
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/woodwhisperer
Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/thewoodwhisperer
Pin us on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/woodwhisperer/
Learn more about our premium project videos at http://thewoodwhispererguild.com Video Rating: / 5
We went to World Maker Faire 2018 in New York and answered some of your questions!! Check out all of the awesomeness!
Subscribe to my channel: http://bit.ly/1k8msFr
Second Channel: http://bit.ly/iltms-2
Slow Motion Footage and Thumbnail Image Courtesy of John P Kowalchuk. Thanks John, awesome camera.